R1 efi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1 efi?

Any one out there thought of using an r1 or similar set up on one of our ol-battleships? Seems less expensive for parts.
    79 XS11 F

EFI has been considered here on the site, but just buying and riding an R1 would be the best bet cost-wise, etc..
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I figgured as much, I'm just using this idea as a way to stay out of or mabe get into trouble. Can't do squat money wise but I've got a head full of bad ideas and a welder😈😈
      79 XS11 F

Comment

I actually bought one of the bikes that had the Mega Squirt system, which had a great write-up on his personal site. Not sure if it's still up or not. Anywho, short story is he broke the bike back down for restoration, and gave-up. I bought the bike in that condition, and took what I needed, and scrapped everything else.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I've seen some stuff about that on the web. I don't know why but I can't type anything in the search box at the top of this page. A buddy of mine wiped out his r1 and I can get what I need, efi wise, from him for $250. It might be all that's left of that thing. Just need some $ and tech support from the people who know more than me. I figgured that a r1 runs WAY more pissed off than the battleship does, so that delivery system would work great. Just have to get it mounted. After that a turbo maybe, once it all works well build the second motor for it and spare no evil. I want something that no one else has and are shocked at.(basically I'm looking to eat a v-max)😂
          79 XS11 F

Comment

Try using the 'advanced' search function.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by rangerguy302 View Post
              I've seen some stuff about that on the web. I don't know why but I can't type anything in the search box at the top of this page. A buddy of mine wiped out his r1 and I can get what I need, efi wise, from him for $250. It might be all that's left of that thing. Just need some $ and tech support from the people who know more than me. I figgured that a r1 runs WAY more pissed off than the battleship does, so that delivery system would work great. Just have to get it mounted. After that a turbo maybe, once it all works well build the second motor for it and spare no evil. I want something that no one else has and are shocked at.(basically I'm looking to eat a v-max)😂
              Good thought, but that is not happening, not even with a turbo charged XS11. Have seen it tried in Durango, Colo. where I'm originally from....no dice. I believe and have been told that particular turboed XS11 is still there in storage. Myself, only saw it ridden a few times, but that was 3 decades ago.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerguy302 View Post
                I've seen some stuff about that on the web. I don't know why but I can't type anything in the search box at the top of this page.
                The regular serch bar does not work well. Try the advance search. I have had better luck with that. I have had no luck using conditionals (boolians?) like using “and” , “not”, or direct quotes to facilitate searches.
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
                X