No announcement yet.

Engine sputtering around 5K RPM under LOAD only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what amazing support I am getting from this forum - thanks!

I just came back from a test ride without the pods and the hesitation is completely gone. This bike has so much power, I thought it was going to rip my shoulders out of their socket! Okay, maybe I exaggerate a bit but compared to my KLR 650, this thing has a LOT of power!

As for the main jets, they are from a 6 SigmaRacing kit.

The pilot jets are the original sized at 42.5

The exhaust is a 4/1 aftermarket, don't know what brand.

Carb floats are all good and at right eight.

Timing/mechanical advance assembly was checked, cleaned, lubed and ajusted, it operates well.

I will now focus on fixing the pods issue and then on to look at the choke circuits again.
    79 XS1100SF (Canada)

Comment

Originally posted by squevill View Post
      Wow, what amazing support I am getting from this forum - thanks!

I just came back from a test ride without the pods and the hesitation is completely gone. This bike has so much power, I thought it was going to rip my shoulders out of their socket! Okay, maybe I exaggerate a bit but compared to my KLR 650, this thing has a LOT of power!

As for the main jets, they are from a 6 SigmaRacing kit.

The pilot jets are the original sized at 42.5

The exhaust is a 4/1 aftermarket, don't know what brand.

Carb floats are all good and at right eight.

Timing/mechanical advance assembly was checked, cleaned, lubed and ajusted, it operates well.

I will now focus on fixing the pods issue and then on to look at the choke circuits again.
      Thanks for reporting back as to the jet mod. name, and to what you've done so far. Gives a bit better insight as to the possible issue. As BA80 stated, wasn't aware of that all being available for the 79-79 carbs.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

BTW, are you SURE those carbs aren't the later ones that could of been swapped out for the later ones(80-82) that have the recessed mixture screws?.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
        X