XS11 Model History Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eveready1100 View Post
    ......So, has anyone got a Venture that might be able to take a photo of the topside of the frame with the tank and seat removed just to see if there have been any mods to the frames?
    Sure they could if someone owned one. Lots of differences and years between the Venture and VENTURER. Venturer is what the XS11 series is(was).
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by Eveready1100 View Post
      Thanks, Phil. That'd be great. It's just got me curious to see if they might have modded the frame like on the Sport, as they were made in the same year.
      What should I look for ? I am thinking the frame around the battery box and as Jerry suggests the neck which may be hidden by the fairing.
      Phil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Phil, I'm looking for stuff like this -

Extra gussets on the tube joints etc

which I would classify as reinforcing of the frame

Moto, sorry if I forced you to nitpick about the bikes name but after 3 weeks and asking the same question 4 times with no reply to it (other than Phil) I thought I was justified in dropping an "R". Besides, you own one and you haven't answered me yet, or don't you know?
        79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
        Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
        *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
        *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Sorry Eveready, my Venturer sits in garage, covered and fully "dressed......" and my T-bone accident two yrs. ago while riding my Honda ST1100. That totaled the ST and pretty much me also. The still like new Venturer I bought new still sits asleep under cover. IIRC, that frame is like the one you've shown, cept' nicer of course.. Many here can verify that having seen it with everything removed.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Great video. I got to the 1980 XS1100 SG and was surprised to see my bike in the video! Ah, back before my factory exhaust rusted in two. Those were the days. The car in that photo is long gone but my bikes remain the same. Keep up the good video work.
            '80 XS Special
            JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X