XS11 Model History Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS11 Model History Video

I'm posting a link to my new video showing the XS11 model run. What I do with these video's is show every variation and every color from begining to end of the bike's model run. Like 1978 - 1982 for the XS (including the XJ). Thanks everyone for there help with this project posting pic's and info. Hope you enjoy.
    (US models only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Yc0V4vxgA
    81H Venturer

That was a good slideshow, thanks!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

XS11 Model History Video

Excellent video!!! The only thing you didn't show was the Yamaha optional Queen seat with the high sissy-bar, which is on my bike.

My favorite thing, though, was that you mentioned the RD350, which was my first bike ever. I love that bike and miss riding it .... mine is a 73' with the 6-speed transmission and reed-valves induction. Except on long straights, I could keep up with any of the big bikes, anywhere.

Thanks for putting that video together!!!
      1979 XS1100 Special - On the Road https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/smile.png
      1973 RD350 - In the Shed https://xs11.club/core/images/smilies/frown.png

Comment

KOOOL Vid

THanks for putting all the models together. The video is well done and love seeing the sequential order of our 1100's,,,,,thanks again, Mike in Sun Diego
        mike
        1982 xj1100 maxim
        1981 venture bagger
        1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
        1959 wife

Comment

nice video

Great job putting that together. Thank you for posting.
          '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
          '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
          '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Wow that was totally awesome at 3:48 is my bike! What a nice surprise to make this video history..Thankyou..TC this should be made into a sticky..if thats possible???
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Just a question about the Venturer entry, what changes did they make to the frame to classify it as reinforced??
              79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
              Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
              *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
              *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

my understanding was that there was some reinforcement to the frame to handle the extra weight of the touring equipment. But where exactly I don't know.
                81H Venturer

Comment

Can anyone else answer this query? Has the frame been beefed up, or is it just the fairing mounting bracketry he's referring to?
                  Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                  *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar

Comment

Anyone got a Venture that might be able to take a photo of the topside of the frame with the tank and seat removed?

Comment

Very cool video

I too was riding a smaller Yamaha in 1979 an RD400F I remember seeing the XS1100F on the showroom floor thinking what a massive machine.
                      Thanks for putting this video together.
                      XS1100F TKAT fork brace Stock suspension. Vetter Fairing. Pingel Petcocks. Geezer voltage regulator
                      http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3026.jpg
                      650SF
                      http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF2647.jpg
                      XS1100SG Project bike
                      http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=DSCF3034.jpg

Comment

......So, has anyone got a Venture that might be able to take a photo of the topside of the frame with the tank and seat removed just to see if there have been any mods to the frames?

Comment

Hi Eveready,
                          Sadly mine is stored away from home. I will try and remember to take the seat off and some pictures nest time I am near it.

Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks, Phil. That'd be great. It's just got me curious to see if they might have modded the frame like on the Sport, as they were made in the same year.

Comment

Nicely done, thanks!

Re frame reinforcement: The XJ had reinforcement around the front of the frame trying to make the steering head more stable. along with a different rake, these changes were designed to help improve handling over that of the first 11s.
                              Jerry Fields
                              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                              '06 Concours
                              My Galleries Page.
                              My Blog Page.
                              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                              X