Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable Rack

Hi Tom,

I have this same rack on my XJ 750 and it adjusts to fit just about any bike.

You may have this for shipping, if you want, but it may be cheaper to find something similar on your side of the puddle.

I'd be glad to post more pics if needed.

1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Hi John

Thanks for the kind offer, though as you say the shipping may be high.

Thanks to all the lads who posted I have some ideas, all good info. I'm going to have to look at how to re-mount the Reg plate now as I hadn't thought of blocking visibility of it, there isn't a rear light or plate on it at the moment.

Now just to decide on completely replacing the aluminium grab bar with a complete one piece bar + rack, or add to the aluminium grab bar. I'll have to check how strong the aluminium is. I have one spare as well as the one on the bike.

Another question that looking into this has raised, the two grab bars I have both seem original but have different top loops, one with a pad which is higher by a good four inches, are they both original? was one an option?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I don't know XJ11's at all and they're a bit rare over here.
      Tom
      1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
      1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
      1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
      1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

The one that is higher was an option or an after market piece. I had one on my first XJ1100. I does make it nice for the passenger.
        Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
        80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
        82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
        82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
        82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
        72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
        72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

The high one is OEM. I bought one from eBay with the original part number paperwork. It has holes to install a padded backrest.
          82 XJ1100 - sold
          96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
          2000 ZRX1100 - sold
          2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Luggage Rack

I bought this one from Sichley Bike Salvage & offered him $100 then he counter offered & I got it for $145.00 I wasn't wanting to pay that much but he shipped it for free & I didn't want to take the time to make one! It's actually in really good shape, it took some XXXX steel wool to remove some of the rust!

https://gyazo.com/1d0227ad42a0c8ff91cb188fb0ed476b

https://gyazo.com/7768ba9c60000741db9ea895f2be9f2d

I haven't even decided if I'm actually going to mount it! I might sell the bike & if I do it will be sold with it! Dumb but the bike I'm restoring has EVERY item that came factory & some extra's!
            Two kinds of people whom own motorcycles, those that have went down & those that will go down! So far I've been fortunate! RIDE SAFE

Comment

Working...
            X