How do I clean this passage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I clean this passage?

this passage is clogged on my #3 carb, its the lower one in this pic, I have tried everything in my garage, left is soak for a day, still no luck. any ideas? Any special tools I can buy that will work?

passage lowest in the pic, the tiny pressed in jet, I can get through until the passage seems to make a turn.

thanks!

79 SF

Just an FYI I got through it with one of these https://www.amazon.com/Carb-Cleaner-.../dp/B001DDMB2I

Had to tweak it a bit to make the corner but worked. Might be the first positive k&l post I have seen on here in my short duration. Same day shipping sold me otherwise would have went another direction.
    79 SF

Comment

......and same as a torch tip cleaner set. Glad you were able to make it work.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Guitar strings. No need to order. Just walk upstairs and open a guitar case.
        82 XJ1100 - sold
        96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
        2000 ZRX1100 - sold
        2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

I always have an old bicycle cable or motorcycle cable on hand. Unravel a single strand to length and snip it off. Makes for an excellent little snaking tool.

Comment

A slinky "e" string from a guitar will work.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
            X