rear brake shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear brake shaft

I've looked in my service manual and searched this site but can't find info on how to remove the rear brake shaft on my 79SF. I don't see anything holding it in so is it just a matter of unhooking the spring and then removing by pushing it out towards the left side? Thanks, Dave

I think that is pretty much it, push it out after removing the pedal and pay attention to spring orientation beforehand. Also unhook the pin attaching the master cylinder.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

They tend to get rusted up inside the tube. I've had to force more than one out. A small wheel cylinder hone (mulberry bush type) works good for cleaning out the tube. Use marine grease in there when you go back with it.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks, will likely be tackling this tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X