Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Things are lookin' up.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
      Congrats! Things are lookin' up.
      Thanks! I'm already looking to snag another one here soon to make pretty. There are a couple for around $500 floating around CL that I think I could easily restore if not build up a second motor and squeeze as much HP out of it I can, might even try out a turbo I found.
      1980 SH - 100% custom wired Road warrior with motogadget everything.
      Looks like a scrap heap, runs like a dream.
      Master of the wires.

Comment

Also HUGE shout out to kboehringer for saving my ass on more than one occasion bless you and your sleepless self!
        Master of the wires.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeverCat View Post
          Thanks! I'm already looking to snag another one here soon to make pretty. There are a couple for around $500 floating around CL that I think I could easily restore if not build up a second motor and squeeze as much HP out of it I can, might even try out a turbo I found.
          Hopefully the wiring loom will be OK in the bike you end up getting!
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Congrats for make a basket case into a running bike. It is no small feat to conquer one of these bikes after it has been mangled.

As long as you like it, that is success.
            82 XJ1100 - sold
            96 Honda Magna 750 - Girlfriend's bike
            2000 ZRX1100 - sold
            2003 FJR1300 - Silver rocket

Comment

Originally posted by HalfCentury View Post
              Congrats for make a basket case into a running bike. It is no small feat to conquer one of these bikes after it has been mangled.

As long as you like it, that is success.
              It's still got some bugs to work out and I need to shim the valves but otherwise I love it. Next up new Kevlar clutch, tires should be here tomorrow, then finish the custom seat.

Working on a design for some body panels and maybe even make a custom tank.
              Master of the wires.

Comment

Congrats! Its nice when you bust your butt to get things going and it pays off.
                79 SF

Comment

Hey Decatur! We should hook up some time. Can you ride that thing to the mountains?
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                    Hey Decatur! We should hook up some time. Can you ride that thing to the mountains?
                    After I get the tires on this weekend and do some interstate test runs for shake down I should be golden to roll wherever!
                    Master of the wires.

Comment

Working...
                    X