whats normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats normal

Well I got the old girl running and am finally ready to get it on the road........but I have one last question..........how hot is the rectifier - regulator suppose to get .............while adjusting rhe idle i touched the unit and found it rather hot .....just wanted to know if this is normal tnx
    Duke

I don't believe mine get very warm when the bikes are running except for the heat from the engine.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Re: whats normal

Originally posted by djduke7
      Well I got the old girl running and am finally ready to get it on the road........but I have one last question..........how hot is the rectifier - regulator suppose to get .............while adjusting rhe idle i touched the unit and found it rather hot .....just wanted to know if this is normal tnx
      Duke
      If it's too hot to keep your hand on for a minute, then it's too hot.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

re:

ok if the unit is too hot to touch then what could be wrong .....i dont want to crook on the road in no mans land i went throught yhe wiring with a tester and did nt find any problems......any ideas? tnx Duke

Comment

Re: re:

Originally posted by djduke7
          ok if the unit is too hot to touch then what could be wrong .....i dont want to crook on the road in no mans land i went throught yhe wiring with a tester and did nt find any problems......any ideas? tnx Duke
          usually the unit itself but it could also be corroded or dirty connections mostly likely between the stator and the regulator/rectifier. While you're at it, check them all and coating the conectors with dielectric grease wouldn't hurt.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Working...
          X