No announcement yet.

Back to working on bike after 4 yr break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCI came in today, now firing on all 4!!!
    79 SF

Comment

Cool. And the weather is still warm enough for riding. You know what to do.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Not quite there yet, will have to stick with the v-star for now.

Is there a preferred source for front and rear master cylinder and caliper rebuild kits?
        Now that it goes I need to make it stop
        79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by 1strauss View Post
          Not quite there yet, will have to stick with the v-star for now.

Is there a preferred source for front and rear master cylinder and caliper rebuild kits?
          Now that it goes I need to make it stop
          I get a lot of parts from Z1 Enterprises. Good parts and they don't screw around when it comes to shipping. For pads I go to Amazon. You can get a complete set of Kevlar/Carbon pads for $15.53 - and that includes shipping. E, F, G, and H SF, SG, SH. And while you've got the system apart, it would be a shame not to replace the old brake lines with stainless steel. Techna Fit makes line sets for XS's, and that's what Betsy wears. Good lines at a reasonable price, sized for our machines.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X