Need a known working TCI or a repair source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbarosa View Post
    I set them at .34 and yes there are a lot of chicken farms. And the hog farms are making a comeback since Tyson scaled way back. They actually had minimum standards that jacked up the costs and drove their little guys out of business because they couldn't afford to build modern facilities. Now corporate Ag is taking over and there is a lot of pollution building up. The trick is knowing which roads to take to avoid the smell of money being made by people that don't live here.
    The roads that smell the worst are the best riding. My friends and I have spent a lot of time riding them around Eureka Springs area......The Pig Trail and such.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Last time I was down there it was at a time when they had just cleaned out the chicken houses, and spread what came out of them on farmer's fields. That is an interesting aroma. Probably why I remember those chicken operations so clearly.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

The Pig Trail is a nice ride. It was THE way to Fayetteville off I40 before I49 went in. I remember taking it off hwy 64 before I40 was in. Had some major landslides the last couple of years but pretty well up to snuff now. I'm about 20 miles east of it off 16 to F'ville. Can hear them coming all day and night when BB&BBQ rolls around.
        1980 xs1100SG "Silent Killer"
        1948 HD FL "Thin Mint"
        1978 FLH 80 "Grumpy"
        1960 HD FLH Duo "Blue" (w/family in Sacramento)
        1986 Honda CMX 450 (51hp rat sleeper) SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
          Last time I was down there it was at a time when they had just cleaned out the chicken houses, and spread what came out of them on farmer's fields. That is an interesting aroma. Probably why I remember those chicken operations so clearly.
          The pig litter is even better, The smell sticks to your clothes.
          1980 xs1100SG "Silent Killer"
          1948 HD FL "Thin Mint"
          1978 FLH 80 "Grumpy"
          1960 HD FLH Duo "Blue" (w/family in Sacramento)
          1986 Honda CMX 450 (51hp rat sleeper) SOLD

Comment

The gang in northwest Arkansas. 2012 - 2013?

Ivan, trbig, me, Bigfoot, Bob Falter

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
            X