Base gasket woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonz View Post
    Hey, did your bike suffer performance issues after the rally? You mentioned that in another thread. When we were talking about the crazy engine heat.
    It was running a little funny the rest of that day and didn't seen quite right on the way home but it seems alright now. Only thing I've noticed is once in a while after it's been sitting for an extended period of time it'll fill the garage with oil smoke when I start it up. I think the heat pushed the valve stem seals a little closer to the edge.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks for the info Greg. Does it use any appreciable amount of oil otherwise?
      Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

No more than usual. It's always used about a quart between changes (3000 miles) ,more if I'm mean to it and it seems about the same. This engine was used with unknown miles when I put it in.
        Last edited by BA80; 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

In any case, there are not many XS1100's that, in their 36th-38th year of service, are able to do what your bike and others did.
          Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
          X