Clutch Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Got it put back together. THANKS .....................

Appreciate the very rapid responses & tech tips. Thanks so much. I had installed new oil filter and now have the Clutch all buttoned up and the long bolt back in and re-torqued.

Made work what I had. The motor mount long bolt is 12mm diameter.
    Held up the left rear motor mount bracket with this:

Upon removing the long bolt, the aft of the motor actually only settles maybe 1mm at most.
    I was surprised it was so little movement. But you guru's already knew that was what happens.

Engine only took a minor wiggle to get the long bolt back into motor mount. So rear wheel needs to be put back on. I did fill the crankcase with oil (TC that Yama Lube 20-50 is now $22) and start the bike in neutral. Clutch lever is smooth and NO LOUD BANGING or clanking noises so 'so far so good'. It appears I'm one step closer to having an 11E at the Colorado Rally.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Good to hear you got it all back together! For rear wheel removal in the future, the Standards have a two bolt hinge at top of fender. Remove seat, then the two hinge bolts, pivot up on rear of fender to give more clearance at rear of bike to remove that rear wheel. That way, no need for blocks under centerstand.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
    X