Fuel line that will not get hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sethhope View Post
    Eh, good point. Id be more concerned if this bike wasnt a little 2 stroke. Probably shouldn't do that to an xs11
    Well, have to admit, used to do the same thing with both my RM250 and YZ250 moto-X bikes with never a fuel line issue..........guess ignorance was bliss at that time.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Update
      OK I ordered 20’ of LP 1100 and 10’ of LP 1500 from US Plastics on June 1st (10 am) it was delivered June 3rd at 11 am. Shipping cost was $14.47.
      1st impressions are LP 1100 is not as soft and flexible as F4040 but bends nicely with-out kinking and LP 1500 is slightly stiffer than LP 1100.
      I plan on plumbing the right side of the octopus with LP 1100 and the Left with LP 1500 and will post in a year how it works out.
      Stay tuned
      Salty dog
      Eastern NC
      XJ-1100 Naked Boy

Comment

I bought mine from an outboard motor mechanic shop. it's double walled and will not kink. 3 years happy with it at this time
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

Yeah, see ya' in a year... The yellow Tygon line on my 80SG will still be on, as it has been for the past 3 years, and still perfectly formed to the shape it has set in.

What was the impetus to find a non-hardening line again, since it is replaced every so often anyway?

Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
          X