Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 XS1100SF Rear Brake M/C Kit (Rear)

Hi ,
    I just was putting K&L kit 32-4033 in and the piston section fits fine . But the O.D on the last step of the piston is too large and will not slide in the bore .
    Guessing a manufacturer error ?

First time doing the brakes , all are done but stuck on this .
    Might get this one turned on a lathe as everything else matched up
    Any one else run into this ?
    Thanks for reading
    Bob
    1979 XS1100 SPECIAL (under 18,000 miles Sold 5/12/2016
    1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Originally posted by underdog57 View Post
    Hi ,
    I just was putting K&L kit 32-4033 in and the piston section fits fine . But the O.D on the last step of the piston is too large and will not slide in the bore .
    Guessing a manufacturer error ?

First time doing the brakes , all are done but stuck on this .
    Might get this one turned on a lathe as everything else matched up
    Any one else run into this ?
    Thanks for reading
    Bob
    Unfortunately K&L should be the key answer. Quality control is definitely lacking.......and BTW, K&L jets are to NEVER be substituted for Genuine Mikuni jets.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Unfortunately K&L should be the key answer. Quality control is definitely lacking.......and BTW, K&L jets are to NEVER be substituted for Genuine Mikuni jets.
      Carbs beem done a few years back , the new kits were pretty poor for jets I found also ..

Might get the piston turned down to size , just want it done ...
      All the other kits for the brakes were pretty good

Thanks for the reply
      Bob
      1982 XJ1100 MAXIM(PARTS BIKE??)shows 14,000 miles ??? Up for sale whole or parts

Comment

Mikuni Jets

Are genuine Mikuni jets still available , I thought they were extinct ..

Comment

Are genuine Mikuni jets still available , I thought they were extinct ..
          http://www.jetsrus.com/index.html
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

That should be the kit for the 1/2" bore MC, so it should, at worst, be too small if you had a 14mm MC. I've never had one not fit. If it's a quality control issue, I'd hope wherever you bought it from would just replace it without much hassle.
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
              That should be the kit for the 1/2" bore MC, so it should, at worst, be too small if you had a 14mm MC. I've never had one not fit. If it's a quality control issue, I'd hope wherever you bought it from would just replace it without much hassle.
              The piston fits in perfect till you get to the last step which should be the same od as the rest of it ..
              the seller has asked if I called tech support to the product ..

Comment

The piston fits in perfect till you get to the last step which should be the same od as the rest of it ..
                the seller has asked if I called tech support to the product ..
                The part looks like this, right? Do you still have the old piston to measure against just to be sure? If all else fails and it's truly a manufacturing defect, I can't imagine they wouldn't replace it.. www.klsupply.com

82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                Website/Blog

Comment

brake xs1100s

yes , looks just like that , came in factory package . the last step should be the same od as the parts the seal are near , its not ...can mike it too be sure . sure seems like its bottoming at that point . the old piston is very corroded .

I do have an XJ1100 parts bike to look see if the piston is the same ...

thanks for the suggestions ,

bought from an Amazon seller so 100% will get money back

Bike is held back w this though

Comment

measured the sections

Ok , measured and the piston by the cup is .499 " the faulty new part has .515 at the last shoulder ...
                    the old piston as best I can read is .499 at the same section
                    Will pas this along to the seller and ask for a return
                    Thanks Xsively

Comment

Working...
                    X