Back on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the road

Last fall I traded my XVZ1300 for an XJ1100 that looked to be in pristine condition. It has been sitting for almost 20 years in a climate controlled garage. It has damage to the tank and one turn signal from something falling against it.

I brought it home and the first thing my wife said is "That one's mine" then walks back in the house...

Yes those are the original miles.

Well after sitting for several more months I cleaned the carbs, replaced all the fluids, new battery, rebuilt the petcocks, changed the tires and replaced the broken turn signal.

This is what she looks like now...

I still need to fix some cosmetic stuff (tank, seat, some surface rust) but she is back on the street, its the smoothest bike I have ever ridden.
    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Definitely a decent looking XJ you've located Ty!........make a good scoot for the wife. btw, responded to your PM that you may wanna check.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Niiice

Nice cleanupand its great to see another xj1100 rescued from neglect. I have had mine for 30 years and its still a blast to ride. Make sure the tires are good for safety...........bring it to the Colorado rally, Mike in Sun Diego
      mike
      1982 xj1100 maxim
      1981 venture bagger
      1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
      1959 wife

Comment

Originally posted by soccer4m View Post
        Nice cleanupand its great to see another xj1100 rescued from neglect. I have had mine for 30 years and its still a blast to ride. Make sure the tires are good for safety...........bring it to the Colorado rally, Mike in Sun Diego
        Workin' on steering Ty and his wife to head this way for an overnite stay on their way to the Colo.(Canon City) rally. Met both of them when they stopped by my place in their cage a couple summers ago on their way back to Salt Lake. Nice folks they are!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Nice job. Look forward to seeing it in person in Colorado. Never used to care for those new fangled XJ styling changes, but they have been growing on me

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
          X