Finally took my 1979 XS 1100SF for a ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifications

I would definitely go with a modified shifter. ( Make a heel/toe out of your shifter, and another one.) Too funny though, I always modify mine to be toe shifters. Welding and grinding one on my Guzzi now! I'm 6' 6", and 240, so our problems are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I did not see any replies mentioning shorter shocks. And yes, it will effect the ride. But at your height and size, (no insult intended), that will make a BIG difference. add another inch from the seat foam, and you will think you are sitting on a different bike.

And as BA80 so eloquently put it, "If all you're worried about is how comfy you are, there's always the obscenely overpriced, grossly underpowered, noisy recliners that carry the Harley Davidson label." Personally, I enjoy all my classic bikes for what they are, and what they represent to me. And yes, if I'm in the mood for comfort, I will fire up all 847 lbs of my fuel injected Harley Ultra Classic, perhaps make a minor adjustment to my padded backrest, double check the settings on the air adjustable rear suspension, plug my ipod into the 4 speaker, 80W stereo with weather band and CB, set the cruise control, and perhaps even move my feet from the rubber mounted foot boards to a more comfy position on the highway bars. If I decide to have a snack, I can remove the cooler that fits into my right saddle bag, and stop at a scenic pull off, and have a sandwich and iced tea. But only if I'm in the mood.......

Comment

Working...
    X