• Show
Clear All

Fork cap installation tool.......

2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thanks BikerPhil,
      I have one of those but no picture to post. Saved me the thousand word post. Works great for forks installed on the bike.
      Mine cost less than $5 in Home Ddepot parts.
      MaximPhil
      1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
      1983 XJ 650 Maxim
      2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post
        FWIW, I put the cap in the vise with protective jaws and spin the tube onto it.

It's easier than trying to push that cap 'cause you have the whole fork tube to push with
        Exactly why I use the small vice grips on the cap. LOL.....that tube is slippery.

I like phil's deal but I would loose track of it between rebuilds.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I made an installation tool like Phil's as well. He must have posted it someplace else because I'm not smart enough to figure that out on my own. That tool is just the trick.
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            I made an installation tool like Phil's as well. He must have posted it someplace else because I'm not smart enough to figure that out on my own. That tool is just the trick.
            Hi Marty,
            Mines a copy of yours from an original design by BikerPhil
            Works great on my sagged springs have yet to try with proper spring rate but definitely makes it easier that trying to fight the cap onto the thread on it's own.
            Greg, mine is hiding in the garage...I know I can find it when I need it.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
            X