Oil drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
    If you going to change oil u should change filter.Two things to be careful of one when changing filter,,,, don't throw away spring and washer that are underneath oil filter.In the housing itself. .And if not there get one.When I bought my bike it wasn't there someone never put back or didn't know any better And I didn't know about it,,, so I put filter back on without it.??Then I got manual.!!.And as previously mentioned don't over tighten that drain plug.!!!!They strip so easy.!!!!Otherwise you will be looking for oil pan as I did ...
    No reason to EVER be THAT tight. If in doubt, use a copper washer that fits snugly arourd thread area. This IS area that needs sealing if there is a slight seep there.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
      Use a six-point socket or open-end wrench to turn the filter bolt to prevent rounding the head.
      Hey Guys,

I'm pretty sure he meant a BOX END wrench which has an open end on the OTHER END, but to use the BOX end with the 6 sides/points, not the 2 sided open end!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        Hey Guys,

I'm pretty sure he meant a BOX END wrench which has an open end on the OTHER END, but to use the BOX end with the 6 sides/points, not the 2 sided open end!

T.C.
        Right on, TC, and I think his most salient point was that it be a SIX point wrench.

CZ

Comment

Working...
        X