Handlebar Interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar Interchange

Did the '78E, '79F, '80G, and '81H all use the same handlebars? Was searching online and the info seems a little sketchy.
    Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Pretty sure the answer is yes. I looked high and low for a set of stock bars to replace the bent ones on my '79F, but everything I found was either rusty or bent. I finally found a pretty close match, and I started a thread when I first got them installed with the details and pics - Finally found bars I like
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

There has been rumor that the '81H had a slightly taller barwith the same profile as the other years. Supposedly this was to clear the taller tank.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
        Did the '78E, '79F, '80G, and '81H all use the same handlebars? Was searching online and the info seems a little sketchy.
        Yeppers BillyRok.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          There has been rumor that the '81H had a slightly taller barwith the same profile as the other years. Supposedly this was to clear the taller tank.
          They WERE the common Standard bars. Yhe others being Specials had the 'rottotiller' bars.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the info.
            Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Hi Billy,
              I have been told the older Gold Wing bars fit the standard.
              I think that is what is on my 81H but have never been able to confirm.
              Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
              X