hose size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hose size

On my 80 SG on the carb boots-what size is the line that goes on there? is it metric like 5 mm?
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

You talking about the vacuum line that runs to the octy? Rubber stretches, so it shouldn't make any difference is it's metric or sae. 3/16" vacuum line should work fine. If it's tight you can always spray a little WD in the end - makes it easier to slip over the fitting.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

The reason I'm asking-I have the Pingel vacuum fuel valve.Yesterday the hose that attaches to the bung on the manifold came off and bike shut off.I need to put a spring clip on so that wont happen.

I dont have the Octy anymore.This valve eliminated that.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
        The reason I'm asking-I have the Pingel vacuum fuel valve.Yesterday the hose that attaches to the bung on the manifold came off and bike shut off.I need to put a spring clip on so that wont happen.

I dont have the Octy anymore.This valve eliminated that.
        I really like those spring clips for vacuum and fuel lines. They don't tear up the lines like screw type clamps do, and they're just so much easier to get on and off, and they work great. I picked up an assortment at O'Reilly's about a week ago, and it's a pretty good assortment, and cheaper than buying them one or two at a time. Dorman hose clamp assortment

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I will look at Advanced Auto for those clips.I have yellow Tygon vacuum lines so I can see everything!
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

I will look at Advanced Auto for those clips.I have yellow Tygon vacuum lines so I can see everything!
            Advance sells the same kit - Advance part #55173. There's some real small clips in the assortment that should work well with Tygon lines.

Comment

Many thanks!
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Many thanks!
                S'alright. (Pedro, circa 1959)

Comment

Working...
                X