Petcock Fuel and Vacuum line route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock Fuel and Vacuum line route

Hello first I want to say thanks for letting me join XS1100. Been reading from the out side for a while.
    Been trying to figure out how the fuel line and vacuum line route. I have a 79F. I am sure there was a T connection somewhere just not sure anymore.

Thanks Paul
    79 F

Hook the left petcock vacuum line to #2 cyl vacuum port, right petcock vac. line to #3 cyl vac port. Ports 1 and 4 to be capped off. Left petcock fuel line across and down to lower T on carbs 3+4, right one across to lower T on carbs 1 + 2. Inline filters can be placed in these lines if desired. The upper T's between the carbs are vents and those hoses are to run to ports on airbox. If airbox is not being used, leave those upper T's/hoses open to atmosphere.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
      Hook the left petcock vacuum line to #2 cyl vacuum port, right petcock vac. line to #3 cyl vac port. Ports 1 and 4 to be capped off. Left petcock fuel line across and down to lower T on carbs 3+4, right one across to lower T on carbs 1 + 2. Inline filters can be placed in these lines if desired. The upper T's between the carbs are vents and those hoses are to run to ports on airbox. If airbox is not being used, leave those upper T's/hoses open to atmosphere.
      Will it make a difference if I have run the fuel lines left petcock to lower T to carbs 1+2 and right petcock to lower T carbs 3+4.

Comment

Lines

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Will it make a difference if I have run the fuel lines left petcock to lower T to carbs 1+2 and right petcock to lower T carbs 3+4.
        It is a little more difficult to add inline fuel filters that way and you have to be careful not to kink the lines with the sharper bends. You may not see kinks at first, but recheck once tank is lowered. The reason to cross the lines to opposite petcocks is to prevent that.

Vacuum advance hose goes to the only available carburetor (not intake) nipple.
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment