blinker switch? new member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blinker switch? new member...

Blinker switch gone.Stuck on right turn.Won't disengage.no left .All very rough movement.Just never lube it yet this year.But it was working fine.Didn't take apart yet.Could someone advise me of next step.Couldn't find threads on subject.Don't know how to search.Is this something I can order.Thank You. Any help to get me pointed right direction..Thanks.Have a nice evening...New member..
    1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
    2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Originally posted by tomcos67 View Post
    Blinker switch gone.Stuck on right turn.Won't disengage.no left .All very rough movement.Just never lube it yet this year.But it was working fine.Didn't take apart yet.Could someone advise me of next step.Couldn't find threads on subject.Don't know how to search.Is this something I can order.Thank You. Any help to get me pointed right direction..Thanks.Have a nice evening...New member..
    Pretty simple,,,,,undo the two screws holding the two halfs on the bars, remove, blast some electrical cleaner on everthing, a little dob of dielectic grease on switch moving pieces, back together..........but hey, don't be surprised when you find it looks like a forgotten 'science project' in there. Just gonna' have clean things up, along with ALOT of other forgotten preventative maint. would be my guess.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

These can be completely disassembled and cleaned, but pay very close attention to where all the parts go. They're also known for wires breaking off the terminals, but with a bit of care can be reattached.
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

turn signal, Switch

Ok I didnt think It was fixable.But when I opened it up, there is a screw in there, worked its way out.Small screw on top of plastic thing.(shut off.) Anyways fixed now.Thank you!! GUYS.I've read alot of your posts, and still reading...Have a Great Memorial weekend...And Thanks to all you Veteran's.Peace.....
        1980xs1100.sg Pacifica Fairing ..stock.
        2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100.! ⛺

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
          These can be completely disassembled and cleaned, but pay very close attention to where all the parts go. They're also known for wires breaking off the terminals, but with a bit of care can be reattached.
          ....might add, capture the little spring, or the man-cave will eat it.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

+1 on C.Steve's post. I took a pic of the switch after I ''halved'' it, then tore it apart ( carefully). I then thoroughly cleaned with WD40, and found a wire had come un-soldered from the board, which explained why one side didn't 'blink'. I re-soldered the wire, put everything back together, and wonder of wonders---it works like downtown.
            79 F
            Previously owned: (among others)
            1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
            1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
            1973 Suzuki TM 125
            1979 XS1100 F
            2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
            1991 BMW K75

Comment

Working...
            X