No announcement yet.

Driver Backrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Moto- Same email. I sent him a response thanking him, but made him aware there was a fellow forum member more eager to buy. I'll re-visit this closer to riding season. Can't justify $150 for something that sits for four more months.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
      Hey Moto- Same email. I sent him a response thanking him, but made him aware there was a fellow forum member more eager to buy. I'll re-visit this closer to riding season. Can't justify $150 for something that sits for four more months.
      ......was my thoughts also, and let him know it in case he had a customer wanting the one he needed to assemble. Also asked about just using the straps to hold it in place for temporary use, since using a centerbolt thru seat to more permanently mount ain't happenin' to either of the Corbin seats on my Venturer or ST. Just looks like for temp. use the straps pulled tight around seat would hold it in place......have to see what his response is.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hi Ian,
        I have on occasion used a "Drysack" which is basically a heavy vinyl tube sealed at one end and a roll over top. Stuffed full of , in my case tent, sleeping bag etc. Secured onto the pillion seat with straps makes a lovely back rest.
        I used it a lot on my 650 but found on the XS a bit too tall for me getting on and off easily. $10 plus stuffing and straps
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Thanks for the tip Phil. I'm looking to retain a sleek, and close to stock look in the Summer. This option may be my best bet. I wish I had one to test to see if I even find it useful.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Questioned the attachment and this was the response. Looks like no mod. to seat is required.

Thanks for contacting me. Please note that the Ease-Back rider’s backrest requires NO modification to your seat. Unlike some other products on the market, you do not have to cut holes in your seat or attach unsightly brackets to your bike’s frame. The Ease-Back attachment just hooks under the edge of your seat base with straps and stays firmly in place thanks to the anti-slip coating on the base of the unit. Since the Ease-Back doesn’t have to be permanently installed, your seat remains just like new when the Ease-Back is removed. The Ease-Back can be installed or removed in just a couple of minutes to suit your mood.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I do have a concern: no-doubt the backrest would take some pressure from your body leaning on it. That would mean that you'd make sure you tighten-it down snugly to prevent movement. I worry about the rack causing an impression in my seat from the pressure the rack has on the seat.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                I do have a concern: no-doubt the backrest would take some pressure from your body leaning on it. That would mean that you'd make sure you tighten-it down snugly to prevent movement. I worry about the rack causing an impression in my seat from the pressure the rack has on the seat.
                ......only if seat uses 'memory' foam.

Comment

those minor impressions would come right out with a 80 degree day in the sun.

No worries!!

nice looking backrest.

just a bit pricey, sort of....

if you buy a "new" bike, the optional backrests are $200-$400 each person.

so... $150 really isn't bad...
                  1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.

2012 FJR1300 Gen 2. Heli bar risers, R-gaza crash bars, mccruise cruise control.

(2)2008 WR250R. Because kids outgrew others.

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000. (Just added 2024) pre-crashed.

1975 Kawasaki S1 250. My first bike. Still have it. NO I'm not selling it!!

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
                  X