No announcement yet.

Help with voltage drop on LG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's it running Billy? Your carbs still having ignition issues or is your ignition still having carb issues? Hope you got'er resolved.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
      How's it running Billy? Your carbs still having ignition issues or is your ignition still having carb issues? Hope you got'er resolved.
      Bettin' its got a little of both still
      .......but he's making some real good mythotical progress .
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Haven't had it running again yet, no exhaust system on it at all presently. But I really need to get the braking system up to snuff...disassemble and clean calipers and master cylinders, new pads for the rear. Rear rotor is discolored because of heat from some point in the past, not sure if the gold color is permanently damaged or if it can be saved. And definitely needs new s/s brake lines, the old ones are too spongy. The first time I climbed back on my XJ with s/s lines after 2800 miles on the LG I kept pitching myself forward each time I pulled the front brake lever with 2 fingers, the difference in braking power is startling! Once the brakes are operable again I will fire it up and see what kind of improvement has been made and report back.
        Billy

1982 XJ1100, Ceramic Coated Headers, Raptor ACCT, Barnett Clutch Springs, Dremmel Fix, TC's Fuse Block, De-Linked S/S Brake Lines, 850 Final Drive, Yahman's YICS Eliminator, Pods, stock jets

Comment

Originally posted by BillyRok View Post
          Haven't had it running again yet, no exhaust system on it at all presently. But I really need to get the braking system up to snuff...disassemble and clean calipers and master cylinders, new pads for the rear. Rear rotor is discolored because of heat from some point in the past, not sure if the gold color is permanently damaged or if it can be saved. And definitely needs new s/s brake lines, the old ones are too spongy. The first time I climbed back on my XJ with s/s lines after 2800 miles on the LG I kept pitching myself forward each time I pulled the front brake lever with 2 fingers, the difference in braking power is startling! Once the brakes are operable again I will fire it up and see what kind of improvement has been made and report back.
          A little tint of gold will not affect hardness quality of rotor. Fortunately, the overkill thickness of them dissipates the heat and the machined open slots leave a lot of locations for that heat to escape from . Any 'blueing' is a sign of carbon hardness break down, so likely all is good .
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X