Fuse Panel Picture for 81H ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRXSi90 View Post
    How do you guys crimp the flag terminals?
    First make sure you have the correct size for the wire gauge you are using.
    One of my trips to the store was to get smaller terminals to suit the smaller wires. If you have decent crimping tool it should work. My el cheapo tool lacked enough leverage to do a proper job......so I used my biggest pliers
    Pull test after crimping.
    This is why you need the jumbo pack of terminals or at least some extras.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Hi Marty,
        Now that is a proper crimping tool
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hey CRX,

When I send out the fuseblocks and connector sets, I send out a mini-tech tip email with info on how to crimp these extra strong connectors IF a person doesn't have that fancy heavy duty type crimper that JetMechMarty showed! Regular el cheapo type crimpers don't really provide enough leverage to adequately crimp these large tough connectors. I have found that you can use a pair of LOCK JAW type pliers, set the gap to about 1 mm, and then you can use it on the portion of the connector that crimps down on the wire without damaging the part that slides onto the 1/4" flat pin/slot! For smaller wires, just strip back a bit more and fold the wire back onto itself to make it thicker before putting it into the connector.

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC,
            You know the how and the why that makes me cringe. I guess we ain't flying it.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Thank you all! The terminals I got were un-insulated ones from radioshack. Something like this, but I'm not 100% sure of the wire gauge...I will double check that before installing:
              http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103497

Good tip on using the locking jaw/"vice-grip" pliers to crimp 'em down. I have "needle nose" ones with ~3/16" wide tips and regular ones, so something there ought to work!
              '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
              '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Working...
              X