Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freebird01752
    Hi Guys,

Just an update on my problem. Got my connectors today (thanks geezer) and changed them out. I am now showing some charging but not what it should be. I am charging the battery on a show charge and will check the readings againg in the morning. I have a regulator coming and should be here Wed.
    I will report my finding after the next test.

Thanks again for all of your help.
    Steve
    You're welcome and I thought I recognized the name on the order. ;o) Hopefully in a year or 2 I'll have all the connectors for all Japanese bikes. With the large volume I have to buy them in, I can only afford to stock the ones I use the most.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Well I charged the battery and did another test with the meter. With the switch off I had 12.5v. Started and at idle it was 12.2v. I blipped it up to 4500 RPMs and the best it ever got was 12.4v running.
      At least with the new connectors I am seeing a difference in voltage. So maybe when the regulator gets here it will fix the problem.

Steve
      1980 XS100 SG Gone but not Forgotten really wish I could have kept it
      1998 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Comment

O.K. Guys,

I am pulling my hair out. I got my new used regulator today and things went south quick.

I checked the ohms of the regulator and if i put the positive lead to the red wire of reg I can not get any ohms readings. This is on both my old reg and the one I got today. this makes no sense at all. That I get ohms one way and not the other. I put the ground lead to the red wire and get an ohms reading of 1.357 on all stator wires.
        I ohm ed out the stator connector and I am getting 3.72. Which is in specs with Clymer's,

Also the tach stopped working.

So now I have no idea of what I should try next.

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Hi Guys,

Well I got the old beast up and running today. Turned out to be the stator assy. Got one off ebay and put it on today and it is charging properly.
          Now the weather has turned bad going to rain for the next few days. Just my luck as this past weekend was a perfect for a good ride around here.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Steve

Comment

Try this fault finding diagram, I found it very useful when I restored my XS.
            http://www.electrexusa.com/electrex_fault_finding.html
            Good luck
            Carpe Diem!
            1980 XS850G
            1973 CT70

Comment

Working...
            X