Something snapped! A diagnosis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    The light rasping is normal. When you turn the rear wheel by hand in neutral you are still turning the gears in the final drive, middle drive, and the transmission. There will be SOME resistance, it shouldn't take much effort to turn though. If the brakes are hanging you'll be able to tell.
    Listened to it a bit more, and you're right. It's good.

Thanks again for your help BA80
    79 SF

Comment

• You guys should knack it off already.

I love this list...it's like having twenty guys standing around ones garage while one is pondering the latest bike problem; a couple are looking the bike over and trying to help, a few are making random suggestions, one or two keep going back to the solution they know best, even if it seems remote, a couple are having a pissing contest about some arcane procedure, and several are just shooting the breeze about something else. Every thread is like a mini-rally.

More grog and fresh wenches for my men!
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

• Originally posted by LoHo View Post
        You guys should knack it off already.

I love this list...it's like having twenty guys standing around ones garage while one is pondering the latest bike problem; a couple are looking the bike over and trying to help, a few are making random suggestions, one or two keep going back to the solution they know best, even if it seems remote, a couple are having a pissing contest about some arcane procedure, and several are just shooting the breeze about something else. Every thread is like a mini-rally.

.......don't forget the horses.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoHo View Post
          You guys should knack it off already.

well...as long as it gets there in the end, that's the main thing.....
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
          X