• Show
Clear All

Meista007,
    Where did you source your valve shims?

Slimbob
    Slimbob
    81XS1100SH

Comment

I called about 15 shops then bought them on eBay.

Comment

Your #14 post is bothersome to me with the "cam timing mark intake slightly off". Any chance a can sprocket has been off for whatever reason and got flipped around the other way when installed? But I'm sure you're already aware that cam timing and marks will be off slightly if that happens, and fiddling with things won't change anything till that is corrected.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Cam has never been off on this bike...so unless it was installed that way in the factory then no.

I pressure tested all of the cylinders and they all held 145-150.

Comment

Originally posted by Meista007 View Post
            Cam has never been off on this bike...so unless it was installed that way in the factory then no.

I pressure tested all of the cylinders and they all held 145-150.
            That's a good thing. Was JAT on elimination process. Compression numbers look acceptable
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

That wouldn't cause noise anyway Brant. It doesn't even really affect performance noticeably.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Very true, but havin' this UJM for several decades I know immediately if something if off kilter just ever so little.

Comment

Working...
                X