fork seal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork seal question

I ordered some bikemaster fork seals for my Special. Thes seals measure a little over a MM larger than the bore they are going into. I have destroyed the seals so far trying to get them to press in. Has anyone had problems with these. I have ordered the leakproof seals for it, because i have had good luck with them. These seals say they are 49MM.
    1980 XS1100LG Midnight
    1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
    A quick death and an easy one.
    A pretty girl and an honest one.
    A cold beer and another one!

Special seals are a different size than Standard seals. You apparently have tried to force the larger Standard seals in the Special fork leg which will not work.

Standard Fork Seal - 37X49X8
    Special Fork Seal - 37X48X10.5
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

+1........Special and Standard forks are two different sizes and IIRC two differnt manufacturers(KYB and Showia). Best in fork seal cases, stay with OEM, but know that no longer may be possible associated with the Special forks.
      Last edited by motoman; 03-07-2014, 02:55 PM.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Another faulty application listing. SH@#!
        1980 XS1100LG Midnight
        1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
        A quick death and an easy one.
        A pretty girl and an honest one.
        A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Working...
        X