Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Rear Brake Such a Pain to Bleed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just kept the pressure on instead of letting the pedal come all the way up, I would just pump it without letting any pressure off the pedal...

Comment

Done! Funny thing is, I now have two speed bleeders I am not using. Put them on the front after they were rock-solid from reverse-bleeding them. Began to pump the brake and it turned mushy and would not firm-up. Put stock bleeders back on, reverse-bled and back to rock solid brake.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

had the same problem

I had the same problem a few years back on my rear brakes. Believe it or not what finally worked for me is I rapidly pumped the brake pedal with my hand and bled the caliper. Did this several times and the brakes finally firmed up. No amount of slow or normal pumping ever did anything. I just stumbled onto the quick pump procedure. Of course now I am completely tearing into the entire front a back brake system to rebuild them again.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X