Exhaust header studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Studs

Replace any studs that are damaged or broken. Clean up the ones that are ok. Thread chase if necessary. Use a high temp anti-seize when going back together.
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

The other option is to track down a Kerker 4-1 exhaust! You will be pulling the header every time you do an oil/filter change, so the nuts will NOT seize to the studs in the first place...
      -- Clint
      1979 XS1100F - bought for $500 in 1989

Comment

My stud snapped on the 7kWUSCAN last year. Tried to fix it at Joe's in Denver but no luck. Its STILL broken!

Gonna weld a nut and remove when i get a round tuit.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

How much of the broken stud is still there sticking out John?
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

About 1.5mm .... Hey its a good excuse to use the welder again. Its been awhile.

I am gonna try and weld up that cracked muffler too. It might wind up looking ugly, but hey as long as it works I can wait for beauty...

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
            X