Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techna-Fit S/S Brake Lines (4-Line kit)- $90+s/h

http://www.stainlesssteellines.com/category-s/1866.htm

Click-on Vintage Bikes in the left column.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Sign me up! Good price.
    Living to EXcess.
    1978 XS1100E Canadian, Cartridge emulators, NOS heavy duty fork springs,
    Showa rear shocks, ACCT, Jardine 4-2 spaghetti pipes.
    1979 XS1100F Canadian, stock exhaust. Top end rebuild in progress.

Comment

The Founder of that company is the President of Goodridge so the quality most likely will be good.

My question is, why is there only the XS 1100F lines available in the Vintage bikes section ?

The price is right, but if I was going to order I'd call to check on how they got the clocking and lengths right.
      1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
      1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
      1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
      1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
      1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post
        The Founder of that company is the President of Goodridge so the quality most likely will be good.

My question is, why is there only the XS 1100F lines available in the Vintage bikes section ?

The price is right, but if I was going to order I'd call to check on how they got the clocking and lengths right.
        They got the clocking and the lengths because Ian (the OP of this thread) sent his lines to them.

They list it as an F because that is what he has and they know the lines fit. Does it matter though, they are all the same.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

The line from the splitter to the MC is different between the Standard and the Special. The handlebars and therefor the front MC are not the same which changes the clocking and perhaps length of the line.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
            The line from the splitter to the MC is different between the Standard and the Special. The handlebars and therefor the front MC are not the same which changes the clocking and perhaps length of the line.
            Have you ever measured them? If people can put 12" ape hanger bars on their standards and not have to change lines I bet the regular standard line will work perfectly fine for special bars as well.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hey Nate,

I was one of the folks who had issues with the "Coast Guard" set. My issue was the line from the splitter to the MC was not clocked correctly. In order to get the line to mount up, I had to remove the MC from the bars, then use the MC as leverage to get the line to twist enough to get it mounted to the bars.

Most of the folks who said their lines fit perfectly owned the Standard bikes. Now, I have not owned or worked on a Standard to date. So I do not know first hand, but I do know the bars are not the same, and the MC are not the same. So it is my conclusion the difference in the fit of the lines is the difference in the MC angles.

I had an SG with the 12" apes on it. The brake line was stock on it, and it did reach, just, with not a 1/4" to spare. If the line was not connecting two stationary points I would never have felt good about it and replaced it.

Also, the SS lines are a lot less forgiving, or moldable, than the rubber lines. The degree of rotation is much less with SS lines. Making them less adaptable.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Here's what I would do: contact Chris Herman directly @ Techna-Fit and tell him exactly what you want. I can guarantee you that they will be happy to assist you in any modifications to make you a happy customer. Also, if you guys wants to send your lines to him from a special (cost me $8 Fed-Ex, 2-day), that will help them as well.

Chris Herman

Techna-fit
                486 Southpoint Circle Suite 104
                Brownsburg, IN 46112
                P:317-350-2153
                F:317-350-2164
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                  They got the clocking and the lengths because Ian (the OP of this thread) sent his lines to them.

They list it as an F because that is what he has and they know the lines fit. Does it matter though, they are all the same.
                  Thanxs Nate, I read the other thread and filled in the blanks.

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                  Have you ever measured them? If people can put 12" ape hanger bars on their standards and not have to change lines I bet the regular standard line will work perfectly fine for special bars as well.
                  Just for the record, I installed '85 Gold Wing bars on my '80G and the stock, MC to splitter was 2" short so I ordered 2 rear, 1 piece SS lines, with my order from Chacal, and the clocking was only a tiny bit off but worked fine.
                  Not sure how anyones using apes with stock lines, on a Standard, in a stock routing position.

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  Here's what I would do: contact Chris Herman directly @ Techna-Fit and tell him exactly what you want. I can guarantee you that they will be happy to assist you in any modifications to make you a happy customer. Also, if you guys wants to send your lines to him from a special (cost me $8 Fed-Ex, 2-day), that will help them as well.

Chris Herman

Techna-fit
                  486 Southpoint Circle Suite 104
                  Brownsburg, IN 46112
                  P:317-350-2153
                  F:317-350-2164
                  Thanxs for the info, I may send him my lines from my SF.

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                    Correct, just measured the stocklines of my '80G and SF.

The SF is 4" longer, so that may have answered my question of "apes on a Standard".

Comment

Beverly from Techna-Fit just called me for billing info. I believe total price with banjos, washers, and lines was $102 with S/H. But, I just received an email from her stating that they waived the S/H fee for me
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

I'm getting mine today! Is the rear one line, or hard line in between?
                        Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Hey Guys- For any queations, please call Chris at the number. Honestly, I don't know what the measured length of the rear line is. Instead of using that link, I would talk to him. But, it is one-piece.
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

SS Brake Lines

It would be nice to see some pix of these lines. If they are as good as we hope they are, the price is certainly right.
                            1981 XS1100H Venturer
                            K&N Air Filter
                            ACCT
                            Custom Paint by Deitz
                            Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
                            Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                            Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
                            Stebel Nautilus Horn
                            EBC Front Rotors
                            Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

I hope to have mine by this weekend, and I'll get some pics on here. However, I won't be mounting them on the bike till the Spring.
                              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Working...
                              X