Is the XS1100 being referenced here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayel View Post
    maybe he was thinking of the Harley XLH 1100cc Sportster 86-87 two years only before being bumped to the 1200cc
    For a full review of that particular bike, check out

http://goingfaster.com/angst/main.htm

He certainly feels very strongly about things!
    Last edited by James England; 01-27-2014, 06:24 AM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

As a sidelight to this thread...how many of you guys have gotten a glimpse of an XS11 in traffic, made a real effort to catch up with it, only to find it was a Honda or Kawi 4 of the same era?
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Gabe's XS (Down$hift) is the only running XS I have ever seen on the road. I may/may-not have seen an XS on the opposite side of the highway (square headlight with fairing), but it could have been anything.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
          Gabe's XS (Down$hift) is the only running XS I have ever seen on the road. I may/may-not have seen an XS on the opposite side of the highway (square headlight with fairing), but it could have been anything.

Come to a rally! You might see a bunch of them. We had more than 20 XS11's at XS Southeast 2013!
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
            For a full review of that particular bike, He certainly feels very strongly about things!
            Yeah not shy about his opinion, don't matter, I like both my XS1100 and my XLH1100 different rides but the same fun, just depends what you're trying to do I guess and spend most of my yearly miles on a SR500
            where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?
            Iowa the Beautiful Land 1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
            X