Headlight Bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd View Post
    I have an 81LH Midnight Special and the bucket is black, with the gold ring.
    I want to keep my bike stock with the chrome bucket, not the black one.
    Ok, I'm confused. If you have an LH, the stock bucket IS black. Are you trying to keep it stock, or just find a part that fits?
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Bucket

I have a 79 Special and a 81 Midnight special. I needed a new bucket for the 79.
      The bucket I looked at for the 81 looked like chrome in the picture but was actually black. I almost bought the black one because of how it looks in the picture. I had the parts shop pull it from the box to see what color it was. Floyd

Comment

Bucket

I used the 81 for reference only. So I now have my broken bucket and the new one I bought that has the up and down aiming mount on the wrong side. I found the bucked I needed on Ebay. As the one for the 79 is discontinued. They only made these bikes for four years so other than the black bucket for the Midnight Special and the square bucket why would they make the bottom aiming mount different on the 79 Special? Cheers Floyd

Comment

I used the 81 for reference only. So I now have my broken bucket and the new one I bought that has the up and down aiming mount on the wrong side. I found the bucked I needed on Ebay. As the one for the 79 is discontinued. They only made these bikes for four years so other than the black bucket for the Midnight Special and the square bucket why would they make the bottom aiming mount different on the 79 Special? Cheers Floyd
          You got one for the XS650 they look the same but the adjuster flange is on the other side, why IDK.
          76 XS650 C ROADSTER
          80 XS650 G Special II
          https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
          80 XS 1100 SG
          81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
          https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
          AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

I have an idea. I just removed bucket, bulb, everything off my 81H. A small crack at one of the side mounting holes, besides that, all good. I'll send it to you. How far from Maine should I calibrate the slingshot?
            Matt
            81H Rebirth/Custom Build
            1st Gen RX7; Audi quattro; Wrangler JK
            PanikSwitch Cycles - Brewer ME
            http://s48.photobucket.com/user/Arth...201100%20Build

Comment

Working...
            X