OEM Exhaust Footpeg vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Exhaust Footpeg vibration

So, any solutions to diminish the footpeg buzz I feel from the exhaust? Don't believev I am missing any bits to the exhaust. I figured on putting some foam/rubber here and there, but I'll solicit some ideas.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Do you have the rubber isolator in place?

See part #31 in this diagram

Otherwise, you could add a rubber washer between the exhaust bracket and the footpeg bracket.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Honestly, it was hard to make sense of that parts diagram.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Hi Ian,
        hit the + until it get big enough to see then look for 31
        It is the rubber "doughnut" that goes in the cast aluminum part to hold the exhaust mounting bolt.
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Ahh, thanks Don & Phil. Yes, the insulator is still on both sides. I believe the mufflers are literally touching the frame right underneath the footpegs, and that's what I feel. I'll put something between them and see if that helps. It's such an irritating massage, lol.
          1979 XS1100F

Comment

The way it is supposed to work is that part 31, is the rubber isolator, the bolt goes through the sleeve part #32 that is inserted into the rubber isolator. But yes, in the end you do have metal to metal contact at the bracket against sleeve 32 and it against the peg bracket. I would suggest a good thick rubber washer between the exhaust bracket and the peg bracket or the sleeve.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Hi Ian,
              The exhaust should not touch the frame. Only the mounting bracket to rubbermounted bolt.
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Working...
              X