Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear left wheel bearings

Hi All

I just posted in the spares for sale section of the forum but thought I would double up here as this bit is busier usually and i can point people in the right direction. I have a small supply of rear left wheel bearings available....... Details in the other thread..........
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

I think James has a bearing factory in his house!
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
      I think James has a bearing factory in his house!
      Yes, I recycle old baked bean tins. I'm getting pretty good at it......
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
        Yes, I recycle old baked bean tins. I'm getting pretty good at it......
        I knew it! Making your own gas as well!
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
          I knew it! Making your own gas as well!
          well, I was running my 2.3L Diesel Ford on straight sunflower oil years ago......... But I always run the bikes on fresh air....

Comment

hi james, I bought a spare bearing from you last year, hope i'll never need it. ran across a guy with a beat up xs1100 last week here in phoenix Arizona. just out of curiousity we put his bike up on the centerstand and spun the rear wheel. crunchiest sounding bearing I've ever heard! I think he'll be ordering one from you very soon. thanks for all you do for this group

Comment

Originally posted by 650mark View Post
              hi james, I bought a spare bearing from you last year, hope i'll never need it. ran across a guy with a beat up xs1100 last week here in phoenix Arizona. just out of curiousity we put his bike up on the centerstand and spun the rear wheel. crunchiest sounding bearing I've ever heard! I think he'll be ordering one from you very soon. thanks for all you do for this group
              Oops! Sounds fairly typical. I see you did not chivalrously offer him your spareVery wise!

Comment

Update

Hi All

Everyone who PMd me re bearings and bought some will be pleased to know that they are all on the way, airmail. Usually they arrive within 10 days, so watch out for the mailman....

Comment

As long as the address prints correct I never have to worry about US mail here but UPS gets lost sends my stuff to other places tells me I was not at home etc etc.

Thanks Sir Barron of Bearings
                  To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                  1980 G Silverbird
                  Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                  1198 Overbore kit
                  Grizzly 660 ACCT
                  Barnett Clutch Springs
                  R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                  122.5 Main Jets
                  ACCT Mod
                  Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                  Antivibe Bar ends
                  Rear trunk add-on
                  http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Originally posted by ViperRon View Post
                    As long as the address prints correct I never have to worry about US mail here but UPS gets lost sends my stuff to other places tells me I was not at home etc etc.

Thanks Sir Barron of Bearings
                    Well, you'll be live to know that the bearings are delivered by USPS and that I make sure the package is thin enough to go through a standard letterbox!

Comment

I make sure the package is thin enough to go through a standard letterbox!
                      Yeah, but is that UK or US letter size?? I've still one spare, so I will wait to see if anyone else needs one before I get greedy.
                      Ray Matteis
                      KE6NHG
                      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                        Yeah, but is that UK or US letter size?? I've still one spare, so I will wait to see if anyone else needs one before I get greedy.
                        Universal fit! I carried out a global survey of letterbox sizes. Only mailboxes in the Antarctic are too small.....

It's very noble of you to wait but it's first come, first served, and everyone knows they are here. So get one if you want.

Comment

Working...
                        X