Seca Turbo Parts Interchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seca Turbo Parts Interchange?

Anybody know if any parts off an '82 Yamaha Seca Turbo will fit on my XS? Headers, master cylinder, etc.?
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Header will not fit, spacing on the exhaust ports will be way different... master cylinder might work if they for 7/8" bar. Any MC will work that fits 7/8" bar for that matter... I should say front, rear is unknown and pending bolting pattern...
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

3 ohm 4H7 ignition coils, as long as you disconnect the ballast resistor.

Comment

I have two Seca Turbos sitting in my Mom's garage. I just happened to notice that the Seca's have air shocks similar to the XJ1100. The Seca's are XJ bikes themselves. How do you guys think they will swap onto my XS-F?

Pics for comparing:

XJ Shocks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/yamaha-xj110...df4e34&vxp=mtr

Seca Turbo Shocks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Yamaha-...e7f7df&vxp=mtr
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Might be a little weak springed since it is from a small bike.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Just out of curiosity, can you measure the diameter of the upper metal can, and compare it to the XJ shock. Also, measure the diameter of the shock, (lower cylinder), and compare it.
            If the upper can is the same dimension, and the lower part is the same, I would guess that an adjustment of air pressure could make up any difference of spring capacity, since the area of applied force would be the same.
            Try it out, and let us know.

CZ

Comment

Hey CZ- Next time I'm down there, I will.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Working...
              X