Great Ranger REBORN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    That seat looks pretty comfy for long hours in the saddle. As for the backrest, I find a sleeping bag standing on end in the back seat makes a great backrest.

I've also got an old throw pillow I stick in there just for a little more old man padding.

Had my tent on there too so the bag's laying down on top of that in the pic.
    Kinda what either of my bikes mine look like, directly behind me on a LD trip. Tail trunks/sidecases just carry raingear, extra gloves, extra jackets for layers if needed,been there, got he T-shirt thing, etc. The slide-in adjustable backrest on the Venturers actually don't come forward far enough to utilize them without something extra strapped to them anyways.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

It get's a little top heavy in city traffic though doesn't it?

Doesn't seem to matter a lot going through some twisties though. It actually seems to nail the rear tire down a little better.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

It get's a little top heavy in city traffic though doesn't it?

Doesn't seem to matter a lot going through some twisties though. It actually seems to nail the rear tire down a little better.
        Once the feet hit the pegs, don't even notice, cept for the nice kicked back ride I get. City traffic......Really? Now I know you've forgotten what it's like to ride out this direction. Your gonna' have to chase down a reminder whenever the urge arises.......but yea, fuel stops and such remind me quickly that its still there.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I just hate dealing with the city traffic on long ass trips. You GOTTA pass through cities to get where your goin'.

Stop-go, fast-slow........and CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!

I KNOW Denver sucks, been through there TOO many times.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I just hate dealing with the city traffic on long ass trips. You GOTTA pass through cities to get where your goin'.

Stop-go, fast-slow........and CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!

I KNOW Denver sucks, been through there TOO many times.
            I DO avoid that side of the hill! Passing thru that direction, slab riding gets the nod.

Comment

Wow i just saw your bike last fall at the SE rally...sorry your boy had a getoff...from all indications you've broght it back in a big way...I actually think it looks better in black...
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Outstanding!! Glad it was put back together
                "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                1981 LH

Comment

I will try an do the synch friday so its ready when i leave.

Here are my efforts on the new bags from yesterday and today.

I got taillights!

Right blinker wont blink just stays lit cuz front one wont light up. Dunno what that is but its gonna wait till I have time to trace it.

JOhn
                  John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                  '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                  Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Nice John.........those will hold the ice and water...........you and son are gonna need the extra, at least on this lower end of the ride!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                      Right blinker wont blink just stays lit cuz front one wont light up. Dunno what that is but its gonna wait till I have time to trace it.

JOhn
                      Electrical problems like that are easy. just remove the tank and the seat..............then change the fuse.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Ha! With those bags on I cannot even bolt the seat down so takng it off to change fuses wil be easy!

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                          Ha! With those bags on I cannot even bolt the seat down so takng it off to change fuses wil be easy!

John
                          Not even with the lids flipped up? As that is what has to be done on the Venturer's to access the seat nuts.

Comment

Not with these brackets - I even cut an extra access hole to try and get in there but the grab bar really blocks everything.

I will let you show me the way when we meet up this summer

John

Comment

I can just barely get a wrench in between the seat and the grab bar to tighten and loosen mine.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

On my G, I go for the bolts via under the fender. I've got just enough room with a ratchet to get a few clicks each twist.

On my SG, I've done the bicycle seat bolt mod. (See the tech tips)
                                Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                                The Green Monster
                                K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                                Got him in '04.
                                bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                                Scarlet
                                K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                                Got her in '11
                                Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                                Hugo
                                Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                                Cold weather ride

Comment

Working...
                                X