No announcement yet.

Good Cheap Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My State Farm sister quoted me $180 a year for liabilty like I have on my truck. I need to see what my wife pulled up when she found Progressive for $95 a year. I need to get something so that I can go to the tag office tomorrow.
    79 XS11

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
      I need to get something so that I can go to the tag office tomorrow.
      You all set with DMV?? Hopefully no issues.
      Most major insurers electronically update Georgia DMV insurance files daily (overnight).

Yeah, with insurance your actual $$ cost is really only a secondary issue. Prime issues are Exposure & Risk vs. Net Worth, then determining how much you are willing to pay to protect you & family from our acts of negligence. Since most of us don't have marina homes with a yacht then minimum to nominal coverage usually works just fine as long as we drive prudently. (like playing roulette in las vegas with a calculated risk - hopefully not russian roulette by the way we drive)

Hook up and we can do a North GA or Lake Burton or Suches loop if you like. Brent, Chris, Marty & I ride when we can.

Jeff
      Last edited by JeffH; 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM.
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E
      78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
      '99 Triumph Sprint ST
      '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

I will tell you so you don't find out the hard way-when you get insurance even if its liability only up the coverage because having cheap insurance does not pay.Hospitals are super expensive and I'm paying the price for having minimum coverage through Progressive.You can guarantee i will before riding this year.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

If you are buying cheap insurance and expect to get medical coverages you are sadly mistaken....you need to have your own health insurance to really cover those expenses.....
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Thanks everyone for your inputs. If you never have to use it, you forget to count all of the real world expenses.
            79 XS11

Comment

Yes you are correct about the medical but also the property insurance-you hit someone and they find you at fault you will pay.When i had my accident in August i had full coverage on my ZRX.If i had a better policy i wouldn't be paying a big hospital bill.Even my medical insurance at work wont pay fully for an accident.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              xschop K & N air filter setup
              Dynojet Recalibration kit
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
              1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

I have AAA for cars and house, but they don't do motorcycles.

I started with Gieco with my first 2 bikes and they ended up being pretty inexpensive something like $200 for the year. I better include the disclaimer that these are small bikes, 50cc scooter and a 250cc Chinese bike.

When I tried to add the XS they wanted around $250 for the year just to add the XS. I ended up going with Progressive and it was $76 for the year. I'll be switching the other 2 bikes over to Progressive at renewal time if the price ends up being as reasonable for them too.
                Guy

1980 XS1100G - Frankenstein - resurrected from the impound lot
                1991 Suzuki GS500E (not running yet)
                2003 Burgman AN400 - Blue Belle
                2005 Burgman AN400 - Silver Belle

Comment

+

+1 on Progressive. $78yr for full coverage and i chose what the bike is worth to the highest # without upping the policy price. i also had a claim when my bike blew over into my gf's brand new Scion XB. happened on a thursday and her car was repaired at Scion body shop by tues. all done on the phone, no agency. no one needs an agent with i net access. it cost me $100 and was never billed. what could be better lol
                  Max

81 XS1100SH Black Beast Mutt
                  Kerker 4/1
                  stock carbs and air box.
                  78 headlite, handle bars,
                  1 set of ea-160/85mph guages,
                  crash bars, cruise control

Other 2 Wheelers
                  78 XS1100E jet kit, Kerker 4/1, air pods, jet kit-RIP
                  94 CBR1000F jet kit,Two Bros pipe, K&N Filter

Comment

Originally posted by Petersg_99 View Post
                    . I'll be switching the other 2 bikes over to Progressive at renewal time if the price ends up being as reasonable for them too.
                    Remember that you don't have to wait for renewal time. You can switch insurance companies whenever you want. If you've pre-paid for a period of time, they have to cut you a check for the residual. If not, you are free to leave at any time, and start paying a different company instead.
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                    X