where to get new brakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get new brakes...

I have recently purchased a 1981 1100 xs.I cannot find a supplier for the pads,and could use fresh shims to boot.A reference for
    cheap parts would be great.
    Can anyone help?
    chris

EBC and Yamaha both still make pads for the XS, any motorcycle shop or mailorder house can get you EBC brakes. We use Zanotti's for most stuff because of the huge discount to list members.........I think the shims would have to go through Yamaha. Nice thing about Zanotti's is they will sell you either one since they are a Yanmaha dealer, he will quote you both prices.

Zanotti Motors
    Web Site: http://www.zanottimotor.com
    Email: zanmot@aol.com
    Butler, Pa. 16001
    Phone: (724)283-2777
    Fax: (724)283-0383
    Zanotti's is a Harley/Honda/Yamaha factory dealership. They offer deep discounts on Internet sales of factory parts. Discounted parts can be ordered at their web site, by e-mail or by telephone. On phone orders you can still get the Internet discount as long as you tell them it's an Internet order. An additional small discount is given if you supply the factory part number from a parts listing or microfiche (See microfiche sources above). Some XSives have said that it is also helpful to mention the XS/XJ 1100 Owners Association (XSOA). They will also special order some non-Yamaha parts, including tires, at discount. Check with them for details. For phone orders ask for John in Internet Sales.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

You might keep an eye on "www.partsnmore.com". They should have parts listed for XS11s soon and they have good prices. I think the pads listed there for the XS850 are the same as XS11. Does anyone know if the pads are the same?
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Hello,
        there is some guy in cleveland that had been selling brake pad set front (both side) & rear, and the shims and pins for like
        $40 bucks. i have not bought a set yet myself but i plan to after the season is over. Has any list memeber purchased these pads? are they any good? any feedback on them. If i don't get them i will get SBS ceramic pads like we put on my friends xs750sf. for all three sets of pads it set him back $100.00.

ceramics are the best brake pads made, and most newer midsize and up cars have them factory installed. that is why when you change you car brakes they are noisey and squeak.
        Bill Woods
        1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
        1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
        2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

Working...
        X