1976/77 Yamaha xs1100???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976/77 Yamaha xs1100???

Are there any xs11 guys out there that can help me with my build and give me a few pointers? another thing.. all the xs forums i see have the bike first being manufactured in 78 but mine is a 76.. the guy i got it from said that the 76/77 were made overseas and the one hear that are 78's and up wer made here.. how true is that? do i have one of the earlier first xs11 models?
    XS11 Standard

1978 was the first year everywhere. The first three digits of the serial number should be 2H7, it they're not you don't have a XS11.

Some were built in mid/late '77 but are '78 models.

Complete model info here: http://www.xs11.com/faqs/153-serial-...ry-colors.html
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

hmm ill take a look.. the frame and the motor both say 76/77 this is weird haha, ill post pics soon
      XS11 Standard

Comment

I just took a look at the motor and the frame and the both read "2H7-007677"
        Last edited by arab-bikerboy; 12-18-2012, 03:05 AM.
        XS11 Standard

Comment

That would be a '78 model then.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

aha well alright thanks haha, how do i post pics? i want to share my bike with all of you
            XS11 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by arab-bikerboy View Post
              aha well alright thanks haha, how do i post pics? i want to share my bike with all of you
              You have to upload the pics to a site like www.photobucket.com and then post the provided IMG link in your text where you want the pic to show up.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

http://s1322.beta.photobucket.com/
                XS11 Standard

Comment

Link dont work?
                  _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
                  1980 gs1000g "stock"
                  1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
                  2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

After you post the pic on photobucket, go to the album, hover the mouse over the pic you want to share and a drop down menu will appear. Simply click on IMG Code and then paste it in you post message on here.
                    "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by arab-bikerboy View Post
                      I just took a look at the motor and the frame and the both read "2H7-007677"
                      Well, we can see how you might have been misguided by the VIN #, but the ending means that your bike was the 7 thousandth, 6 hundred and seventy seventh one off the line...the 2H7 prefix is the year and model designation as has been mentioned is the 78E. Sorry you didn't understand my instructions in the registration confirmation email I sent to you about using the Vin# Thread in the MISC forum here to verify your bike's year/model style!

When these bikes were made, they hadn't instituted the 14 some odd VIN # type format for vehicles..that's why it's such a short # for a Vin#.

Photobucket has changed their process a bit, you have to HOVER over the desired thumbnail photo....in the upper right corner a gear avatar will pop up, clicking on that will then give you a menu of choices, choose Posting Links, then select the bottom one from the next popup of url links...the direct IMG link/url....when you click on it, it will automatically copy the link to your computer's clipboard memory. If you want to post several photos, then I open a notepad text file and paste that photo link into the file, then get the next photo link, and paste it into the file. Then when you have all of the photo's links you want, come here, open a reply and then copy and paste them into the message section...be sure to put each photo on it's own line...hit the enter/carriage return key to get to the next line before pasting the next link...this way the photos will show vertically and not be spread across several screens wide worth which causes the need for side scrolling.

Easy...huh!

T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I forgot photobucket changed to the newer style. I keep clicking to use the older style and telling them their new page sucks a big one. LOL.
                        "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Comment

I hope this works im not very tech savy haha
                          XS11 Standard

Comment

XS11 Standard

Comment

Harr harr! New toy! Nice looking bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X