New bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDuck View Post
    Oil leak is gone, replacing the o rings in the cooler lines did the trick. Here she is now. Took the fairing off to get better access to diagnosing the oil leak and tossed some blinkers and a spare bucket on to get a quick ride in while the weather is descent.

So far, cleaned up the pipes, oil change, cleaned up some of the wiring connections, cleaned up the bags, trunk, and mounting hardware.

Can probably go through the front and rear calipers over the winter. Paint seems pretty good, but the tank is not perfect. Have a local painter quote me at $400-450 for the tank and side covers, with a color change from blue/silver to black/silver. But since the side covers look good, I may have him just redo the tank in the original colors.

Side emblems look good, took them off to clean. Have some white residue on them, but otherwise nice shape. Have a replacement set of tank badges that will toss on once the tank is done.

For any re-paint to keep original, the actual paint color is:Carbon Blue-Black Effect Car:Toyota Year:200 Code:210 The IndigoBlue named to this year only model was just that, name only, and not anywhere close to the actual color.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

she looks great,,,but it is never wise to talk about a girls weight! unless you are saying my god you are soooo thin.
      Alias Larry R in Kelso WA

When in dought, punch it.
      XS1100LG Precious current
      XS1100SF Ruby gone to a better home
      KZ900B MIA stolen (ALL bike thieves MUST GET OFF THE PLANET more politically correct ???)

Comment

Oil leak is gone, replacing the o rings in the cooler lines did the trick. Here she is now. Took the fairing off to get better access to diagnosing the oil leak and tossed some blinkers and a spare bucket on to get a quick ride in while the weather is descent.

So far, cleaned up the pipes, oil change, cleaned up some of the wiring connections, cleaned up the bags, trunk, and mounting hardware.

Can probably go through the front and rear calipers over the winter. Paint seems pretty good, but the tank is not perfect. Have a local painter quote me at $400-450 for the tank and side covers, with a color change from blue/silver to black/silver. But since the side covers look good, I may have him just redo the tank in the original colors.

Side emblems look good, took them off to clean. Have some white residue on them, but otherwise nice shape. Have a replacement set of tank badges that will toss on once the tank is done.

Glad to see ya fixed the leak. Good Job

Now, while the weather is nasty you'll have time to change the middle & final drive oils, remove and grease the front & rear wheel bearings, remove the final drive and grease the driveshaft splines, remove and grease the swing arm bearings, remove and grease the steering head bearings, remove and disassemble the forks to clean the "tarlike" deposits in the lower tubes, Oh yah, don't forget to center the swing arm when reinstalling and if ya run outta stuff to do LMK

You can thank me in 30 yrs. when all the above is still trouble free
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Schming View Post
          Glad to see ya fixed the leak. Good Job

Now, while the weather is nasty you'll have time to change the middle & final drive oils, remove and grease the front & rear wheel bearings, remove the final drive and grease the driveshaft splines, remove and grease the swing arm bearings, remove and grease the steering head bearings, remove and disassemble the forks to clean the "tarlike" deposits in the lower tubes, Oh yah, don't forget to center the swing arm when reinstalling and if ya run outta stuff to do LMK

You can thank me in 30 yrs. when all the above is still trouble free
          That and take a look the calipers and clean the grime off the engine. Seems like the front of the cases can use some cleaning, but have all winter to go through it. When I took off the fairing for cleaning, I disassembled the radio/speaker setup. It's an old am/fm cassette, so I have thoughts about updating that. Don't really have any cassettes lying around, so I'll take a look online and see what my options are for an upgrade.

Also have a chance to pickup an old panhead engine to keep me busy. However, my better half has kind of hinted that there should be only one horse in the stable at a time, so I may have to be a little sneaky about it. But, since it's just an engine, maybe she won't notice. Until I get the frame, wheels, tranny, tins...
          Last edited by TheDuck; 12-10-2012, 02:09 PM.
          1980 xs1100G - Sold
          1981 Venturer - Stock

Comment

That and take a look the calipers and clean the grime off the engine. Seems like the front of the cases can use some cleaning, but have all winter to go through it.
            Also have a chance to pickup an old panhead engine to keep me busy. However, my better half has kind of hinted that there should be only one horse in the stable at a time, so I may have to be a little sneaky about it. But, since it's just an engine, maybe she won't notice. Until I get the frame, wheels, tranny, tins...
            That's the Spirit, show Her who's "The Boss" when She's not around

Hey, when you go through the calipers a Dremel with a wire wheel is your best friend to clean the flat O-ring groove but don't scratch the piston bore and of course attend the Spooge Hole
            1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
            1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
            1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
            1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
            1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
            X