Help me identify this seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify this seat

It looks like a regular Standard seat pan but the seat foam and cover look much more low profile and cafe. Is this factory or a custom job?

Bike looks to to be non U.S. just from the engine cover styles. Seat topside styles may have been different also.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Just looks like a standard seat that has had the foam shaved way down. Some do that just to lower the height some for short people.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Bike looks to to be non U.S. just from the engine cover styles. Seat topside styles may have been different also.
        Yep, non-US, badges are painted on, not raised emblems. As for the seat, there was just one on Ebay that was similar.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

Short people

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
          Just looks like a standard seat that has had the foam shaved way down. Some do that just to lower the height some for short people.
          I'm 6'1" and I'm on my tip toes at a stop light, lol. Stock standard seat.
          1980 xs1100G - Sold
          1981 Venturer - Stock

Comment

Another pic...

I can't find a seat cover that will fit that shape of foam. I need something thinner for my bike and the standard seat I have is too beefy.

Here's something like it...

It's way too expensive, especially because it will probably need some modification to mate with my Special tank.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDuck View Post
              I'm 6'1" and I'm on my tip toes at a stop light, lol. Stock standard seat.
              I am 6' and I can stand up and have an inch or two in-between me and the seat.

You must have short legs

Catmaigne

The bike in the pic is definitely a euro model as has been stated, maybe they have different seats, who knows. Your best bet would be is to take the seat to a shop that does seats (boat shops usually do this stuff) and bring the pic of that seat and see what they can do. I bet the stock seat cover would work just fine too.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Legs

I am 6' and I can stand up and have an inch or two in-between me and the seat.

You must have short legs

Catmaigne

The bike in the pic is definitely a euro model as has been stated, maybe they have different seats, who knows. Your best bet would be is to take the seat to a shop that does seats (boat shops usually do this stuff) and bring the pic of that seat and see what they can do. I bet the stock seat cover would work just fine too.
                You may be right about that know that I think about it, ha. I'm all torso.
                1980 xs1100G - Sold
                1981 Venturer - Stock

Comment

You must have short legs

Catmaigne

Most Ducks do. CZ

Comment

Better late than never...

As the image says - its from Italy most likely.

It is a 79 Euro standard, drilled rotors, aftermarket fugly horns and turn signals, mirrors are from louis.de, so are a bunch of other parts (footpeg, engine guards, etc).

Seat is stock, but with cut foam. Looks like home made or a cheap shop did it.

A guy I bought my 1.1 standard from, has one just like in the pic - in his dining room (alltho a bit more original).
                    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

That is a beautiful seat.

Comment

Working...
                      X