Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's More Like It!

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
    FOR ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN THE USE OF MY TOOLS: YOU BREAK IT, AND I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol, jk. Seriously though, if you think you are not capable of taking care of my tools, do not even bother asking me. I paid a lot of money for them, and they are invaluable to me.
    With this understanding, anyone who wants the tool knows what the rules are BEFORE they borrow it or tear it up. "You break it you buy it". You keep it and don't return it........ Your parents will never find you!

I think these are definitely doable terms for borrowing tools or anything else for that matter.

All in all, a good and generous gesture from you to loan these tools.

MP
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

Hi Ian,
      Inuit tradition is that if anyone wants to borrow anything you are obliged to lend it, as must they if you need to borrow anything of theirs.
      "Lend your sled, it comes back broken.
      Lend your dogs, they come back tired.
      Lend your spear, it comes back blunted.
      Lend your wife, she comes back smiling"
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
        Hi Ian,
        Inuit tradition is that if anyone wants to borrow anything you are obliged to lend it, as must they if you need to borrow anything of theirs.
        "Lend your sled, it comes back broken.
        Lend your dogs, they come back tired.
        Lend your spear, it comes back blunted.
        Lend your wife, she comes back smiling"
        LOL Nice one Fred...

JAT, why not ask for a deposit during the loan? I know most people dont have the money to buy the tool and thats why they are borrowing it but most are likely capable of a deposit of $20 or $50...
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

LOL Fred,you crack me up,.Ian,I don't loan tools,period.....Come to my garage,and we'll get it done. Nice of you though.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

I don't have any tools. I borrow everything.

I even borrow wives....................................unless they are completely worn out.

The tools I mean.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I've lost so many tools lending them to "friends", the only tools I have left are ones I've borrowed....
              "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Same here with tools. I'd rather someone come by and use them.

The last tool I borrowed (broke) was a cheap chain breaker. At least it was cheap and I just replaced his with a better version of the same while buying myself a nice Motion Pro.

I have a Morgan Carbtune, haven't sprung for a colortune at this point, but I'm also more than willing to let someone use my tools in my garage and only loan to a select few.
                82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
                X