No announcement yet.

any clutch options for a hard rider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EBC springs (10%heavier than stock) have always worked fine for me with no slipping, but I have always also replaced the frictions when using them, YMMV.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

My Venturer is still using the original clutch springs, but trust these folks when they say to use Barnett clutch springs. In the moto-cross racing world, EBC clutch springs were a common joke amongst us. EBC brake pads are at the other end of the spectrum though.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I ordered the barnetts last night.

Comment

I have never tried the heavy duty Barnett springs, just wondering if you need a Popeye grip to operate the lever, extra stress on the clutch cable possibly?
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

Comment

It is noticably stiffer but it doesn't take long to get used to. I've had Barnetts in mine about 3 years and conservatively 40K miles without any cable problems................or clutch slippage. I am NOT nice to my bike sometimes.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
              I have never tried the heavy duty Barnett springs, just wondering if you need a Popeye grip to operate the lever, extra stress on the clutch cable possibly?
              I didnt notice very much difference, nothing thats going to make your left forearm grow in size. If your lucky it might get bigger and match your right.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                I didnt notice very much difference, nothing thats going to make your left forearm grow in size. If your lucky it might get bigger and match your right.
                Nah, Mary Ann and Ginger are already about the same size, lol.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

Comment

I ordered Barnetts today.
                  "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

barnetts is what i have in my bike (the judge) and she grabs no matter how hard im on it.
                    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
                    1980 gs1000g "stock"
                    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
                    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Working...
                    X