Complete rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete rebuild

As soon as the roads start to ice up I am going to be doing a complete tear down of my XS. Every nut and bolt. I'm going to replace all seals, gaskets, and all hardware will be changed to stainless. All parts will be blasted and powder coated/painted.

What should I be looking to upgrade/modify/replace while its all torn apart? I'm already planning on a new can chain and doing the 2nd gear mood while i'm in there. Also stainless brake lines, Tkat brace, screw on oil filter mod

Anything else you can think of? I don't want to be tearing it apart again in a couple years for a worn out part.

Thanks
    Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
    Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
    Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
    Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
    Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
    K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
    81 XJ650 Maxim

New clutch springs, maybe the return spring for the shifter.
    Steering stem bearings on the triple trees, wheel bearings all around, fork seals. Depending how far you want to go, rebuild kits for brake system along with new pads.

Also, not necessarily parts, but definitely lap the valves, oh..and new valve seals. ACCT if you do not already have one. and clean, clean, and clean ALL electrical connectors. Alot of folks have good things to say about De-oxit. Not tried it myself yet. But after you reconnect the connectors, coat the open backs with di-electric grease. Maybe change the pick up coil wires if they have not been done yet, chances are good they will need it before long anyway. Same for the fuse box.

All I can think of right off. Hopefully the types of things you were looking for.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Exactly the kind of things I was looking for. I do have an acct and fuse box already. Forgot to post those.
      Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
      Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
      Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
      Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
      Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
      K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
      81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by Tat2demon View Post
        As soon as the roads start to ice up I am going to be doing a complete tear down of my XS. Every nut and bolt. I'm going to replace all seals, gaskets, and all hardware will be changed to stainless. All parts will be blasted and powder coated/painted.

What should I be looking to upgrade/modify/replace while its all torn apart? I'm already planning on a new can chain and doing the 2nd gear mood while i'm in there. Also stainless brake lines, Tkat brace, screw on oil filter mod

Anything else you can think of? I don't want to be tearing it apart again in a couple years for a worn out part.

Thanks
        Traxxion Dynamics or RaceTech suspension.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X