Maiden voyage/Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden voyage/Pictures

well i think i got the Pict thing figured out.

took her out for the first real ride today. went about 320 miles ran fairly well, not use to rideing without windshield neck is tired from helmet trying to pull my head off. avrg. 35 mpg in the woods/back roads and 40 on the flat hwy doing 55-65 most of the time. writing my wish list starting with windshield and lugage rack. now that its running going to start cleaning it up. will check in later thanks

** Almost had the photos right, need to select the last link that shows in the list of 4 on photobucket, you want the IMG tagged one, not the web page URL one.**T.C.
    79 F
    78 KZ650 B2A
    74 CB450 K

Looks good bro, nice stock 79F you have.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

350 miles is a good long maiden voyage. You should feel pretty confident about the bike. Hope you checked all the vitals
      81 H

Comment

thanks felt good needs some lovein po "customized"the ends of the mufflers (hope to replce them in time) and oil / filter is fresh greased shaft but can-not manage to get the rear end plugs out any sugjestion? beliave it or not the dipstick is with the original tool bag only thing missing was the cable to hole up the rear end.
        79 F
        78 KZ650 B2A
        74 CB450 K

Comment

Both the middle drive and the final drive plugs can be very difficult to get open. Folks tend to over tighten them to make sure they do not leak it seems. Best bet is to get a good correct sized allen wrench, drive it into the plug for a good tight fit. Then I tend to use a wrench or a small pipe as an "extension" to increase torque applied.

If it just strips the opening, then you can use a chisel on the edge of the plug to drive it open.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Hey there, nice looking '79
            the muffs might have been done that way to repair rusted holes...its pretty thin metal at the ends, and even with double wall, the moisture collects quickly in there....
            Look for a post of Top 5 upgrades/mods, you will find some great suggestions on how to make your treasure even better

Good luck, and welcome to the club!
            Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

thanks will look that up and yes the ends are comming apart on the tail pipes. next on the list TIRES. lovin the ride
              79 F
              78 KZ650 B2A
              74 CB450 K

Comment

Working...
              X