Clear engine covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 79XS11F View Post
    In the old days you used to be able to buy clear carb bowls for popular bike models. Clear carb bowls are about the only part I would care to have clear on my bike.
    Rob
    That would be pretty nice, to see where your float height is, and to see what kinda junk might be floating in your fuel, etc... Anyway, here is the pic of the timing cover installed. And yes, the bike is still mighty dirty.
    BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
    80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Originally posted by 79XS11F View Post
      In the old days you used to be able to buy clear carb bowls for popular bike models. Clear carb bowls are about the only part I would care to have clear on my bike.
      Rob
      Like this........ I want some......http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=885
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Hmmm... Maybe once I'm done with this project I'll have to look into injection molding...

Comment

Originally posted by daveyg View Post
          That looks good man, ever think about putting a LED in there to show it off at night..? JAT
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Hadn't thought of that Marshy, but that might be a cool addition in the future I might look into... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
              Like this........ I want some......http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=885
              Yes, Like that
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Clear Engine Covers

Top marks for your efforts, daveyg -I think your cover looks good. Adding an LED would be an interesting touch, too. Are you going to buff the metalwork up? I just LOVE getting a good shine on metal!
                Previous 78E
                '05 XJR1300

Comment

Idk yet if I want to go raw or buffed. Polished up will really not fit well with the current plans with the bike. It is kinda a cafe rat setup, with the wheels, final drive, and forks just sandblasted and all the bodywork is hideous currently, but I'm leaning toward plasti-dip or spray on truck bedliner for all the tins and sidecovers( mostly for resilience, not for looks, as it is hard to scratch, fuel resistant, and easy to touch up with either product) so polished might not fit quite right.

Comment

Well, I've looked into having a friend with a cnc mill cut out the windows and trim rings, so I will be doing a few other sets of just timing and stator covers, $65 plus shipping, $10 inside US for both. So if you are interested PM me for details. So u will need to send me a good set of covers and $75, and I will send you back the same set, after modifying them. I also have ordered some solid button head stainless steel rivets, for those who would prefer that look, you will just have to specify which rivets you want..

Comment

No takers? Well I started today on a fixture to make them manually myself, to lower my cost... Feedback?

Comment

Stator cover is coming along nicely, now just gotta wait for my alumaweld to show up in the mail so I can fix the big hole, then she'll be ready for rivets!

Any feedback?

Comment

I like them. I'd like them even more if they weren't rivetted though. Since you asked...
                          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Well, the ones on my bike r gonna be riveted, but a guy could easily swap them for 8-32 or m3 socket screws, and just use nuts on the back. Maybe I'll look into some 8-32 stainless socket pan screws...

Comment

i like it

i think they look great. keep up the good work.
                              xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X