Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just need somoene to point in me in the right direction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checked, double checked, now triple checked.

10 min ago I would have said I have no electrical issues.
    Until today I had checked all electrical connections, cleaned & checked adavance mech and wires, all was good.
    Tonight I pulled carbs, reset floats, pulled pilot jets to look at them, they are the 2-1-2-1 kind and I also looked at the old ones I took out they are the 2-2-2-2 kind, put it all back together and turned the key and no power.
    The flowchart troubleshooter said -------------------------grab a cold beer, relax and work on it tomorrow.

Damian
    If it's worth doing, It's worth overdoing!
    Ride it like you stole it, or get out of my way.
    Don't worry if others don't like it, if you like it just smile and ride!

1979 XS1100SF w/ Flanders "Superbike" Handlebars,
    Upcoming mods include but not limited to, ZRX Carbs, 4-1 exhaust, and a gun fighter single seat, lots of paint, chrome and powder coating.

Comment

Did you get my PM?
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Damian View Post
        Cleaned and synched carbs, everything idles good, revs good, get it out on the road and WOT 0-110 no problems at all fast as hell.

Try to cruise at anything inbetween 45 and 75 and I get backfiring and missing on the right side.
        the bad, no mufflers installed thats why I know it's on the right side.
        I checked, and double checked the floats, everything appears to be right.
        Anyone have any ideas.

Damian
        Don't even try to tune when you don't have muffs. You will be chasing your tail.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Yep, one thing leads to another leads to another with these bikes some days.

Did the oil and neutral lights come on (if it is in neutral anyway)? did you bump the stop switch while wrestling with the carbs and such?
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Main fuse stock location on left side behind airbox...may have been disturbed during carbs?

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
              But wait....According to a recent thread I recall, no one should look at jetting until they are sure they have looke dinto all of their electrical issues.
              well that was in reference to changing to a non stock jet size NOT changing to the correct style jet.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Problems fixed.

Problems fixed.
                Electrical probelm turned out to be loose connection on the plug from the ignition switch, inside the headlamp bucket.

checked float hight again today, and adjusted as needed, problem solved, almost still have a little backfiring but much less than before, gonna live with it till I can get mufflers on it.

Damian
                If it's worth doing, It's worth overdoing!
                Ride it like you stole it, or get out of my way.
                Don't worry if others don't like it, if you like it just smile and ride!

1979 XS1100SF w/ Flanders "Superbike" Handlebars,
                Upcoming mods include but not limited to, ZRX Carbs, 4-1 exhaust, and a gun fighter single seat, lots of paint, chrome and powder coating.

Comment

Keep an eye on the plugs and make sure you are not lean, do a throttle chop plug check too.
                  Nathan
                  KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                  K&N Filter
                  #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                  OEM Exhaust
                  ATK Fork Brace
                  LED Dash lights
                  Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                  SS Brake Lines
                  Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                  X